Japanese Hard Ibaraki Akadama 14l bag
Using the right growth medium for your bonsai trees is crucial. Akadama is a granular volcanic like soil, rich in mineral which occurs naturally in Japan. It is some ways similar to clay, but with a unique microscopic structure that makes it ideal for bonsai use. Akadama is unique as a growing medium and is sought after due to its ability for water retention and nutrients due to its high CEC (Cation Exchange Capacity) value (the soils ability to hold onto nutrients) and at the same time it provides porosity and free drainage.
- Great water retention properties and promotes excellent drainage.
- Neutral PH and alkalizing properties and inhibits soil acidification.
- Maintains almost perfect moisture retention.
- Enhances and extends fetilizer efficacy.
- Retains nutrients for roots.
- Excellent for root aeration.
- Consistant particle size: 3-6mm
- Hard type, therefore retains its shape the longest.